Wed, 10 Apr|
Revisit the five essentials of CAT in a small group CPD online
This small group half day webinar CPD workshop (6-9 participants) seeks to refresh and refocus (each in our own way) CAT practice as an integrative, versatile and relational framework for therapy, self supervision and reflective practice. It aims to keep or return CAT to the heart of your work.
Time of Event
10 Apr 2024, 09:30 – 13:00
About the Event
This is a bimonthly small group CPD workshop (no more than 6-9 participants) focusing on the five linked essentials of CAT. It's aim is to refresh and refocus our CAT practice as an integrative, versatile and relational framework for therapy, self supervision and reflective practice. It draws on what I have learnt most from running online webinars for experts and beginners in CAT and having taught and practiced CAT within a psychoanalytic, narrative and relational tradition for thirty years. We each adapt the richness of CAT to our own personality and contexts and we need to notice, name and negotiate and celebrate our differences.
The five essentials of CAT are summarised as follows:
- Reciprocal roles within us psychodynamically, between us intimately and interpersonally, around us socially, orchestrally and projectively
- Traps, snags and dilemmas as life-shaping procedures for coping with and managing our formative and recurring roles and relationships, attachments and identities.
- The co-creative and kind use of writing and letters to hold, engage and shape a therapeutic journey alone and together
- The making of conversational maps and therapeutic diagrams hand-in-hand with writing to frame target patterns, their histories and alternatives
- The side-by-side meeting together of our selves (the helpful and unhelpful sides) in a 'transference friendly', 'enactment ready' therapy framework
- Ticket type
The fee covers attendance at the workshop and a workbook of study materialsPrice£55.00